We have recently worked upon a few jobs such as the below planting for a large client of ours…
Top 5 tips for looking after Heather...
- Heathers should be planted facing south, if possible, if not as sunny as you can. However do not plant in dry conditions (not much change of that this time of year!)
- Plant in groups of colour and usually plan on eight plants per square metre of bed. Make sure you plant the roots deeply with the foliage just up to the surface of the flower bed.
- Make sure you mulch around them and push a little mulch under the foliage too.
- Water plants after planting. Watering newly planted heathers is crucial.
- Heathers like a little trim in spring ahead of the growing season.
That’s it from us the Landscape Gardeners Bishop Shortford team.
Catch up next time for another gardening tip!