From all the team at Landscape Gardeners Harlow, we wish you a very Happy New Year.
But now it is time to get back outside and help our fabulous Essex Gardening clients!
To that end, I thought would give you FIVE quick tips for January on how to prevent unnecessary damage to your garden…
1. January is a great opportunity to clean and repair your garden tools and check garden furniture for any rot.
2. When the weather allows, carry on clearing your decking, patios and paths of moss and leaves.
3. We also recommend putting dense dry mulches to protect tree roots from freezing conditions.
4. When it is warm enough to venture outside and of course you will need a dry day, protect your fences, sheds, and other wood elements with a good wood preservative.
5. When the ground is not so hard, like it is now due to a relatively warm start to the year, dig over flowerbeds and your borders, putting as much organic matter in as you can. This not only helps prepare the soil for next year, it helps reduce pests by exposing them to hungry birds. – Yum Yum says Mr Robin!
Of course if you prefer to sit by the fire and put your feet up, then why not let Landscape Gardeners do all the work for you!
We also offer a free brainstorming session (at your property) for any 2015 projects, so please do give us a call.
All the very best for a prosperous New Year for all
James and the Landscape Gardeners Harlow Team.